A web application (often called a "webapp") is software that is designed to run in an Internet browser and provide certain functionality or services online. Web applications are available on a variety of devices, including computers, smartphones, and tablets, through a web browser, meaning you don't need to install any special software on your device.
Key features of web applications:
- Access via the Internet: Web applications are stored on a web server and access to them is secured using an Internet browser. Users can join them from anywhere in the world with internet access.
- Platform independence: Web applications can run on different operating systems and devices, as all they need is a web browser.
- Updates without the need to install: The advantage for users is that they do not have to worry about updates, because they are automatically reflected on the server and are immediately available the next time you use the web application.
- Easy sharing: Sharing between users is easy for web applications. Just send the URL.
- Diverse Functionality: Web applications can provide a variety of functions, including communication, commerce, online services, and many more.